Hello all,


I've decided to start a blog about doing little girls hair since it is something that I love and something that I do EVERY morning.
To begin, let me tell you a little about my family!
My husband and I have two kids. A seven-year-old son and a five year old daughter.

I had been doing hair professionally for quite awhile. However, when we moved to a different state temporarily, I didn't want to get a new state license for just a short amount of time. I decided to take a break from professional hair while we were here. My daughter, though, is the age where her hair is just the right thickness and length to do all kinds of fun stuff, so I keep my skills in practice. I always get the famous question "How did you do that?" from a lot of people, so I thought I'd share.

I started this blog to help those moms who have a hard time doing their little girls hair and need some easy tips and ideas to make their daughters look done up for school or church. I probably won't have many fancy things here, like some other great blogs out there have; this will show the more simple and easy ways that I find to get hair done. I will also have some hair tips every once in awhile that I personally use. If any of you have any tips or different ways that you do things, please comment; it REALLY helps!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

3 twists



This is one that is really quick, I think it took me about 5 min (or a couple more to straighten).  Anyway this is how the finished product looked.


And this is how I did it...  I started with parting her hair down the side.
Then I took the hair and sectioned off 3 parts.
After that I twisted the smaller half of hair on the left, and held it with a clip.
Then on the other side I diagonally parted it in half and twisted the two half's.
Then I feel like this is an important step.  It helps it so the hair that is hanging down doesn't come up through the twists throughout the day.  (Sorry if that's confusing) but I promise it keeps the hair looking nice even while playing rough.

Then just add them all together.
Here is the finished hair-do in different angles.
Of course I straightened it but it would be really cute curly too.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you dont mind questions, I am just starting to do my daughters hair. She is 8 and NEVER lined her hair in ponys or anything she just wore it straight so i dont have a clue what I am doing..lol... In pic 3 you say you parted diagonally and twisted, do you twist each half of the part alone and then twist them together? (sorry sounds stupid but I am clueless) if not how do you stop them from untwisting?... thanks

    ReplyDelete