Hello all,


I've decided to start a blog about doing little girls hair since it is something that I love and something that I do EVERY morning.
To begin, let me tell you a little about my family!
My husband and I have two kids. A seven-year-old son and a five year old daughter.

I had been doing hair professionally for quite awhile. However, when we moved to a different state temporarily, I didn't want to get a new state license for just a short amount of time. I decided to take a break from professional hair while we were here. My daughter, though, is the age where her hair is just the right thickness and length to do all kinds of fun stuff, so I keep my skills in practice. I always get the famous question "How did you do that?" from a lot of people, so I thought I'd share.

I started this blog to help those moms who have a hard time doing their little girls hair and need some easy tips and ideas to make their daughters look done up for school or church. I probably won't have many fancy things here, like some other great blogs out there have; this will show the more simple and easy ways that I find to get hair done. I will also have some hair tips every once in awhile that I personally use. If any of you have any tips or different ways that you do things, please comment; it REALLY helps!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Rubber Bands

I have had a lot of questions about how the rubber bands hold up in her hair.
So... the only rubber band that I buy is the "Goody" brand.
These seriously are the best rubber bands EVER!
I was out of rubber bands one day and I needed to go to Sally's, so I thought I'd get some rubber bands there (thinking that a beauty supply store would have good one's) I bought a big bag and they were HORRIBLE ! I think I broke more then I actually put in here hair, she even came home from school and some of her ponytails had fallen out because the rubber band broke.  I have also tried other brands of rubber bands and they either break or are too rubbery and hurt to take out. You know what I mean to rubbery right?  Well I love these because they are silky and strong, so when you take them out they don't hurt a bit and if it is not rapped to tight they just slide out when you pull lightly.  They also NEVER BREAK, it's really tough to break them.  Another story... sometimes when I do messy buns and my husband has to take her hair out for a bath,  he can't get the rubber bands out of her hair he tries to just break them and he never can so he ends up cutting them out (I now take out the messy buns:)
Anyway, they are great!  I'm sure they come in different colors but I always buy the clear because it matches everything, they also come in different sizes, I used the really small ones when she was a baby and they worked great, they stay in and don't pull out the hair when you take them out.
You can find them almost anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment